Ask the Experts :: Topic: Change of Address on a Revocable Living Trust (1/1)
Forum
or
 Use Facebook account  Use Google account  Use Twitter account  Use Microsoft account
Register

or
 Use Facebook account  Use Google account  Use Twitter account  Use Microsoft account

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Change of Address on a Revocable Living Trust

Change of Address on a Revocable Living Trust 2 years 3 months ago #1

I have a revocable living trust and I have moved since it's creation. Do I need to change the address to my new address? If so, how would I go about changing the address?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Change of Address on a Revocable Living Trust 2 years 3 months ago #2

• Michael Pancheri
If you're talking about your mailing address, then yes. You should notify all financial institutions where you have trust assets and you should notify beneficiaries and other companies and individuals who may need to contact you.

If you're talking about the situs of your living trust (i.e., the state that has jurisdiction over the trust), then you really need to discuss that with a local attorney to determine whether a change of situs to your current residence is warranted and/or advisable. That would depend upon the laws of the current jurisdiction and the potentially new jurisdiction as each applies to your current needs. If a change is to be made, then an addendum to the trust document may be necessary. However, you'd also have to check with the laws of the proposed situs to see what documentation may be required. Again, a local attorney would be able to advise you on this after reviewing your documentation and concerns.

Re: Change of Address on a Revocable Living Trust 2 years 3 months ago #3

My revocable living trust was ceated to purchase a class 3 firearm. I recently moved to a new house locally and I was wondering if I needed to change the address on the trust to match my new physical address. There are no other assets right now mentioned in the trust, but I do want to add/purchase new class 3 firearms to the trust in the near future. I was wondering if I had to create a new trust or amment the current one with my new phyasical address.
Thank you for your response.

Re: Change of Address on a Revocable Living Trust 2 years 3 months ago #4

• Michael Pancheri
Your question pertains to the requirements for a class 3 firearm and, unfortunately, I have no knowledge about that subject. I did do some searching on the internet and found a couple of good sites dealing with that subject - opened a whole new world for me! Anyway, you may find some help with these sites: One is "How to set up a revocable living trust to purchase National Firearms Act (NFA) or Class 3 weapons." The other is "NFA Gun Trust Lawyer Blog."

I do hope this helps somewhat. And, if anyone has any knowledge about using a living trust to hold class 3 firearms [i.e. machine guns, sound suppressors (also known as silencers or cans), all shotguns with a barrel length less than 18", all rifles with a barrel length less than 16", destructive devices, etc.], please don't hesitate to add to this conversation.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Michael Pancheri.
email this page